CALL FOR NOMINATION
Like previous years, this year OSA is inviting its members to nominate the deserving candidates for the OSA awards in various categories. We would like to request Chapter representatives and local Odia community leaders (where OSA chapter doesn’t exist) to circulate the following information in their local community networks. Click here for the Awards Guidelines
Following are the Award categories.
Nomination Based OSA Awards
- Distinguished Odia Award
- Utkalamani Gopabandhu Das Memorial Award
- Youth Volunteer Award
- Subrina Biswal Award for Academic Excellence
- Arun Das Memorial Kalashree Award
- Yuva Kala Vikas Award
Each of the nomination form must complete all the following steps :
- Step 1 : Fill in the Online form. You will receive an email as a confirmation to the successful submission of your nomination.
- Step 2 : Download the following document template, fill in the details as prompted and send the filled up document to is a word template which can be downloaded from the link here.
- Step 3 : Complete the word template by answering each and every question adequately and make a PDF.
- Step 4 : Send the PDF file to email@example.com. Make sure to mention Nominator name, Nominee name and nominated award name in the subject line of the email.
- Step 5 : If you are required to send any other document(s) to substantiate your responses to any of the questions in Online Form or in word template form, you send those files using the same process as mentioned in step # 4.
- Step 6 : Completed Online form, pdf of template form and any other supporting documents need to be submitted by May 15th, 2021.
- Step 7 : Awards requiring documentary proofs such as recommendation letters for Subrina Biswal Memorial Award for Academic Excellence must be emailed along with the nomination. If you have any question related to your submission of nomination please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
OSA Awards for Creative Writing and Youth Entrepreneurship
- Meghna Memorial Award for Creative Writing – Meghna Memorial Award process is completed along with invitation for articles for Urmi . The deadline for submission is notified by OSA Vice-President every year. For More details Click Here
- SAMIK SINGH KALINGA YOUTH ENTERPRENURESHIP AWARD: This is an entrepreneurship competition among youth in OSA community to encourage younger generations to possible choose entrepreneurship as a career and understand the basic of business development process/plan at an early stage through a friendly competition & mentorship. The award was initiated by Mr. Dan Mishra of Canada in 2009 and subsequently named in memory of Samik Singh by his parents Dr. & Mrs. Sujaoy Singh of CA.The award has two phases:Phase I (Idea Submission): The Business Idea Competition is phase I of the entrepreneurship competition. There is no set format or prior business plan writing experience required. Submit a 1-page business concept describing your business idea, its market potential, and how you
plan to bring it to market.
Phase II (Presentation): Presentation before panel of judges of selected candidates from phase I.
Eligibility Requirements: The competition is only open to middle school (sixth grade and above), high school and college going youth. The submission could be by individual or group. For group submission through there is no restriction to number of members in a team,
but it is recommended that team should not constitute more than 3 persons.
Submission: The idea submission (Phase 1) is to be submitted electronically in Microsoft Word (preferred) or Adobe PDF format to the SSKYEA coordinator. The email or a cover page should contain the business name, contact person’s name, e-mail and telephone number.
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Life Time Achievement Award (LTA) was established to honor and recognize person of Odisha origin who has made significant contributions over the whole of a career to the state of Odisha, Odias and/or Society/Human kind in general. Awardee will presented cash prize of $2000 or Rupee equivalent and a plaque at annual convention or at a state level ceremony in Odisha.
- Life Time Achievement Award (LTA) Guidelines
Champu, Chhanda & Odissi music (CCO) Compitition